COVID-19 is the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. SARS-CoV-2 infections can be asymptomatic or symptomatic (fever, cough, respiratory distress) with varying severity.
The latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak is available via WHO and through your national and local public health authority. Public health authorities have outlined recommendations to reduce the risk of acquiring and transmitting SARS-CoV-2. Please adhere to your national/local guidelines.
Recommendations by WHO:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover